Description – Overview
Currently we have an exciting career opportunity for a Reporting Analyst. This position will support the Utilization Management Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writes, deploys and maintains queries and stored procedures with high level SQL experience to support both internal and external client delivery of daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Creates and updates programming reporting data to a final delivery form through use of Excel, Access, or other acceptable form to create custom client reporting.
- Must work at a very high level of accuracy and have a broad knowledge of technical workings of database structure and reporting protocols.
- Writes batch files in support of reporting automation. Maintains databases, tables, indices, etc., in SQL Server.
- Builds and maintains data architecture for reporting requirements
- Creates and manages interrelated databases across multiple platforms, including Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL server or even into MS Access.
- Builds custom workflows in SharePoint for reporting team’s use and tracking of projects and change management.
- Coordinates the gathering of client data with system team members to ensure success internally and externally with our clients and partners.
- Plans and prepares for new clients, new programs, and new reports occurring in the day-to-day process by working together with those providing data and developing the new reports and gaining a working knowledge of the new reports.
- Reviews and assesses data being reported, alerting team of any issues or trends that should be acted upon.
- Delivers custom reporting to clients on a timely basis through email, ftp sites, etc. Documents and maintains our records of report development work and communicates progress team members and clients.
- Publishes an inventory of reports and other contact points periodically
- Attends and actively participates in client meetings and internal status meetings to ensure reporting is in place, accurate, and evolves as required to ensure results, client and customer satisfaction.
- Continually assess, document, and analyze client trends in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to use complex expressions to calculate, group, filter, parameterize, optimize and format custom reports is required.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, with good analytical and problem solving ability.
- Build reporting solutions to meet business needs. Create and leverage best methods for reporting solutions and determine appropriate technical platform and solution design.
- Communicates manager to share knowledge and findings. Communication of progress, milestones, challenges against plan, and escalation of issues
- Documents design and requirements for reporting solutions.
- Participates in the development and growth of our major clients programs.
- As assigned, manages completion of specific reporting requests/tactics as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years Financial Analysis experience preferred.
- SQL experience required.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite products, expert user in Excel, Access and PowerPoint critical.
- Knowledge of utilization management and medical management reporting (bed days, pmpm, visits/1,000, etc.).
- Strong presentation and communication skills – ability to present and communicate to clients
- Intermediate experience with SharePoint 2010, including SharePoint Designer for custom workflow builds.
- Programming knowledge and querying ability
- Consultative ability
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
URS offers competitive compensation, and benefits.Apply Now!